What information we collect from you
In General.We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, email addresses, password, and bank account (if needed). You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from WelcomeTheatre and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post play reviews and votes, email WelcomeTheatre content to themselves and others, etc. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information from Other Sources.We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you (i.e. Google and Facebook). For example, if you visit WelcomeTheatre by “clicking through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
Automatic Information.We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit WelcomeTheatre. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
How we use your informationWelcomeTheatre uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about WelcomeTheatre and invitations from the WelcomeTheatre community; to enable us to publish your reviews and other content to the WelcomeTheatre community; to respond to your questions and comments; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with WelcomeTheatre; to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
With whom we share your informationWelcomeTheatre may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
- Copyright Collecting Agencies like SIAE.
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of WelcomeTheatre, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms & Conditions and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.